The treadmill or walk machine offers excellent benefits when making what is popularly known as cardio or cardio-vascular exercise, explaining that weight training or other intense as the insanity, the mode crossfit, among others, also they can be categorized as cardio-vascular exercises, although these would be high intensity.
The band cardio treadmill can be moderate (aerobic), moderate-intense (aerobic-anaerobic) or intense (anaerobic) depending on the heart rate of the person.
We must then learn to differentiate the types of cardio there and what is “burned” or what energy substrate is used in the process of re-synthesis of ATP (energy “currency”) to generate energy for the processes of muscle contraction, and what approximate quantities they are used by the body.
That said, a person who decides to walk slow or fast, or either perform a moderate trot, as long as the beats per minute are kept to or below 150, you would be making a type of cardio moderate aerobic wherein the oxidative energy mechanism would be contributing about 90% of the energy required by fatty acids and glycerol (components triglycerides or “fat reserves”), or in other words is known as “burning” of fat.
The remainder would be provided through the free glycogen and blood glucose, amino acids, ketone bodies and lactic acid. In this type of cardiovascular exercise they are primarily stimulate or slow skeletal muscle contraction oxidative fibers, and little or no fast-twitch.
If the person gains a little speed and therefore its frequency or heart rate is maintained between 150 and 170 ppm, he will be talking about a kind of mixed or aerobic-anaerobic cardio, where energy intake would be approximately 55% free glucose and glycogen, fatty acid 40%, 5% of ketone bodies, amino acids, lactic acid, recalling that the myocardium (heart) uses the latter to contraction processes.
In this type of cardio-vascular exercise skeletal muscle fibers fast-twitch type IIA (oxidative and glycolytic) and slow (oxidative) are stimulated.
And if the person further increases the speed, causing your heart rate is above 180 ppm, running at very close to full speed, you would be talking about a cardio-vascular intensive or merely anaerobic type exercise where although the oxidative aerobic mechanism is “exploited” 100%, its energy supply will be only 5% or 10% (along with amino acids, ketone bodies and lactic acid), with the remaining percentage (about 90%) by the intramuscular glycogen possibly liver and to a lesser extent the circulating blood glucose.
It could also act for a small moment of time phosphocreatine. In this type of exercise fast twitch skeletal type IIB, which are 100% glycolytic muscle fibers are mainly stimulated.
This in values may vary according to the characteristics of each person, such as age, sex, level of training, etc.
Now, the aesthetic and performance when doing cardio on the treadmill benefits
- Since walking, jogging and running are natural movements, it is highly recommended perform them either outdoors or on a treadmill, preferably after a weight training or some other high-intensity exercise (crossfit, insanity, etc. ), in another time of day and also as a warm-up.
- If done at a moderate pace for a relatively long time (30-60 minutes), gradually improves aerobic capacity, improving blood plasma making it more watery and therefore easier movement, so that both oxygen and nutrients to reach faster to the various cells of our body.
- If the trot is performed and running alternately, that is what is commonly known as “cardio intensity peaks”, i.e. making 1 or 2 minutes at an intense pace, then down to a moderate pace for 1 to 2 minutes, then back up the intensity, then down, and so on to complete a total of 10 to 20 minutes (depending on the level of each person), you would be working to stimulate aerobic power, thereby improving myocardial process systole ( stroke volume), it is that the heart will more effective pumping oxygenated blood into the arteries.
- For women who want to avoid the fall of the tail and the same tone or “lift”, it is recommended to perform the trot with a high degree of slope on the treadmill, because otherwise it is possible that little tail go “falling”.
It should be required to have an almost continuous tension in the triceps calf while on the back muscles, including the buttocks. Wear a bra to avoid a blow, “bounce” and / or drooping breasts.
- It requires a very thorough job that not only involves the muscles of the lower limbs and buttocks, as if the intensity, both the muscles of the upper and abdominal and lumbar muscle is increased , will work to the maximum, forcing his tone and “burn” accumulated by the energy contribution that the agency must do by fat fatty acids.
Recommendations before starting the walk, trot or run
Conduct joint mobility before getting on the band, and start from less to more to prevent joint discomfort, and the dreaded shin splints, where the periosteum is inflamed, tissue located between the bone and skeletal muscle, which causes quite upset with each impact pain, increasing the risk of fracture.
If you feel this pain, it is best to decrease the intensity or stopping, perform stretching exercises and apply ice to the affected area. If you have knee problems, it is best to avoid the impact, making only slow or fast walk on walk machine, or preferably perform such exercises in other machines like elliptical, for example.